When you embark on the natural hair journey, you will come across lots of information to guide you along the way. For those who are contemplating wearing their hair natural or those who are in the process of transitioning, here are ten potential things you should know.
1. Your hands are the best styling tools.
2. Natural hair thrives when well moisturized and conditioned.
3. Water is a great detangler and moisturizer.
4. Using an oil or pomade on wet hair seals in moisture.
5. Less is better when it comes to applying products.
6. You’ll have to experiment with products, even if they are natural,
because what works for someone else may not work for you.
7. Braiding or banding both help to stretch natural hair, therefore no
heat is required.
8. Lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, baking soda and brown sugar can be
used as scalp cleansers.
9. Protective styles – those that require less everyday manipulation,
aid in overall hair health.
10. Straw-sets, updos, chignons, pin curls and spiral curls can all be
achieved with natural hair, so the styles are limitless.