South by Southwest Interactive (SXSW) is a 5-day social media conference featuring presentations by industry leaders in technology. Bringing together an international community of online opinion-makers and lovers, this year’s conference will take place on March 10-20, 2011 in Austin, Texas.
SXSW PanelPicker allows anyone to have a critical voice in programming the interactive, film and music activities for the SXSWeek.
We need your vote on panels that will continue to provoke discussion around the necessary issues and concerns burgeoning in the social media/online world.
We’ve numbered our top 5. Please vote for the panels of your choice! Voting ends the 29th!
1. “The Elevation of Black Women in New Media” from Deanna Sutton, Clutch/Coco and Creme/Sutton New Media LLC
2. “Cybercrusading for Women : Rings We Will Not Kiss” from Gina McCauley, Blogging While Brown
3. “Race, Sex and Blogging: Limits and Possibilities” from Renina Jarmon, New Model Minority
4. “From Mules to Social Butterflies: Black & Female Online” from Thembisa Mshaka, SEEIT Live, Inc.
5. “100% Viable, 1% Visible – Minority New Media Entrepreneurs” from Kiratiana Freelon, Kiratiana Travels
“How to Ensure a Diverse Tech Event” from Erica Mauter, swirlspice.com
“Ten Sexy Skills for Project Success” from Denise Jacobs, PapillonEffect Consulting
“Social Media: The Pink Collar Ghetto of Tech?” from Keidra Chaney, The Learned Fangirl
“What Steve Jobs Can Teach Us About Engagement” from Faith Dow, Acts Of Faith Media Group
“OMG! Ur Prof is Tweeting Science” from Danielle Lee, University Of Missouri – St. Louis