“Just like a star cross my sky…” Corrine Bailey Rae gives organic, pure face. Just like her airy songs, Corinne’s makeup is about a strong and undisguised illumination that can come from a wand of Nars cream blush, but truly comes from within. Appropos for a date night–giving him just enough. If you want that “I’m don’t ever try hard” look, consider these tips from our makeup guru Chelsea Smith.
Follow these steps for a Corinne Bailey Rae look!
Covergirl “Eye Enhancers” in Country Woods, ($4), Drugstore
Covergirl “Lash Blast”in Black, ($6.38), Drugstore
* After priming the lid, apply the lightest (third) shade from the inner corner of the eye and take it to the middle of the lid. Use the second grayish brown shade on the outer half of the eye. Use a fluffy brush to blend the two colors so that there is a gradual darkening, which creates the illusion of depth. Complete the look by lining the lid with a black liner and applying a generous amount of mascara to both top and bottom lashes.
NARS Cream Blush in Cactus Flower, ($26), NARS
* What it is: A moisturizing cream-based formula that provides a sheer flush of color and long-lasting, natural luminosity.
* Using a slightly damp sponge, gently pat the product onto the apples of your cheeks. Yes, you will likely have to make a cheesy smiling face to find the true “apples”, but that’s okay – we all gotta do it! Build up cream to your desired intensity of color, then use clean fingertips to blend the product out into the skin so that there are no harsh edges.
MAC “Mineralize Skin Finish” in Comfort, ($28), MAC
* Whether you choose to go with bare skin, tinted moisturizer, or full-on foundation, complete the look with “Mineralize Skin Finish” for a beautiful bronzed glow like Corrine’s. Use a large fluffy powder brush to pick up product, and tap off any excess. Dust lightly over the entire face, giving particular attention to areas such as the bridge of the nose, cheekbones, and chin.
Korres “Lip Butter” in Mango, ($10), Korres
* What it is: All-natural, creamy lip balm infused with shea butter and rice wax for maximum hydration. Provides a natural pop of color, and can also double as a cheek stain! Gotta love an all-in-one beauty find. ; )