Spring is the perfect time to experiment with a spectrum of rainbow-hued makeup. One of the season’s staple trends is vivid eyeshadow. Whether you’re going for a look that’s bubblegum sweet or citrus glam, these tips will kick-start you on mastering bright eyeshadow for any occasion.
1. Start by applying primer to a clean face. Add concealer underneath eyes. Don’t apply your foundation yet in case there’s fallout from the bright eye color you will use.
2. Next, apply a flesh-toned eyeshadow primer or a cream eyeshadow base close to the same color of the shadow you will use on your lid. This prepping process is the most important step to creating a beautiful, long-lasting bright look. Tip: Using a jumbo white eyeshadow pen is a great way to really make the color pop.
3. Use your fingertip to blend the primer or cream base for an even finish.
4. Next, take an eyeshadow brush and pat on a highly-pigmented shade of your choice to the lid up to the crease.
5. Define bottom and top lash lines with a coat of black eyeliner. Tip: Dare to be different by using colorful eyeliner Finish with two coats of mascara.
6. Since you want your eyes to be the focal point of you look, swipe on a warm, flesh-colored blush to the apples of your cheeks.
7. Apply curve-enhancing mascara to lashes.
8. Evenly apply foundation all over your face.
9. Add definition to lips with a liner and put your best pout forward with a sheer pink or nude shade.