SPONSORED EDITORIAL — As the weather gets sultrier, we will all be looking for creative ways to beat the heat and truly relax. But remember – sometimes the best way to relax is by being completely alone. Summer can be a whirlwind of festivity leaving you drained, so it’s equally important to take a little “me-time” to recharge. Make your me-time into your own private party with lemony-sweet, refreshing flavors. The tangy taste of lemonade goes perfectly with this time of year — but you don’t need to squeeze lemons in your hot kitchen to enjoy it! Relish your me-time easily with a few surprising recipes based on Country Time lemonade. We’ve found the perfect treats to make your time alone special.
Southern Spiced Tea Mix
Just the title alone makes you want to luxuriate on a porch in a linen frock all by your lonesome, enjoying the breeze:
4 tsp. Nutmeg
4 tsp. cinnamon
3 cups sugar
2 cups Country Time Lemonade Mix
1 20 ounce container of Tang
2 cups instant Lipton tea (no sugar added)
1. Mix all ingredients together and store in a large, sealed container. (To give as a gift, this mixture can be divided into approximately 6 small preserve jars. Top each with a pretty piece of cloth and ribbon.)
2. To serve, use 2 teaspoons of mix in a cup of boiling water for hot tea.
3. Make an iced version for summer by mixing the same ratio of ingredients in a large pot, and placing the desired amount of servings in the refrigerator to cool.
4. Serve over ice.
Country Time Lemonade Cake
This is something an old-school southern mother might make for her family – but you can whip up this highly-recommended recipe just for yourself:
1 (15 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (3 ounce) package Jell-O vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix or 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
4 ounces Country Time lemonade mix, divided (1/4 cup for cake, 1/4 cup for glaze)
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup oil
3 tablespoons warm water
1 cup powdered sugar
1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F Mix cake mix, pudding mix, 1/4 cup of the drink mix, 1 cup water, eggs and oil in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes. Pour into greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan.
2. BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove from pan. Invert onto serving platter.
3. DISSOLVE remaining 1/4 cup drink mix in 3 tablespoons warm water in medium bowl. Stir in powdered sugar with wire whisk until well blended.
4. PIERCE warm cake at 1-inch intervals with fork or skewer completely through to bottom of cake. Gradually spoon powdered sugar glaze over cake; let stand until glaze is completely absorbed.
5. Serves 10.
To chill out after a day of busy activity, sip on a tall glass of yummy berry lemonade slush. It will feel like a mini-vacation, even if you enjoy this drink from your fire escape:
1 (20 ounce) package Country Time Lemonade Flavor Drink Mix
1/2 cup water
3 cups ice cubes
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries or strawberry halves
- Measure drink mix into cap just to 1-quart line.
- Place drink mix, water, ice and fruit into blender container; cover.
- Blend on high speed about 10 seconds. Turn off blender. Mix with spoon; cover.
- Blend about 5 seconds or until smooth. Serve immediately. Serves 7.
- Store leftover slush in freezer.
This summer, cool out literally with relaxing activities that rebuild your soul. Curl up with a good book. Sit at your favorite spot in the park. Enjoy a day at the beach by yourself — and enhance each experience with the lively sensations that lemon flavors bring. These recipes conjure up confections Grandma used to make, taking you back to the old days when summer was a time to be renewed. Country Time makes it easy to fill your precious moments alone with sweet delights. Create comforting new memories with Country Time.
Yes, it’s summertime, and by taking a little me-time, you can make the living truly easy.
For more ideas check out Country Time Lemonade @ www.countrytime.com