Whether your hair is natural or relaxed, we all have one thing in common: we want strong, healthy hair (with length being a bonus). Some of us will spare no expense, from visiting flashy salons to lining our shelves with pricey products. Our lifestyles have evolved so quickly that it has been forgotten that nature can also help us achieve these goals. More specifically, essential oils. Here are a few you may want to consider:
1. Peppermint is said to increase circulation in the scalp and doing so encourages the scalp to produce more natural oils, which is beneficial to overall hair health. This can also promote hair growth. The tingling effect isn’t too shabby either.
2. Lavender is believed to help hair growth. In addition, it has been known to treat troublesome hair and scalp conditions, such as alopecia.
3. Rosemary not only encourages hair growth, but soothes irritated scalps and dandruff. Although it combats hair loss and boosts shine, those who are pregnant cannot use it.
4. Sweet Almond Oil does its job by sustaining the hair cuticles to control unwanted shedding. Easing the shedding and nourishing will keep the hair moisturized, increase thickness, and give it a luxurious looking sheen.
5. Lastly, Coconut fights dandruff and lice but also nourishes damaged hair by softening and moisturizing the texture, thus fostering hair growth and strength.
So next time you’re at the health food store getting your shop on, stroll down the hair care aisle and take a chance. You might be glad you did it.