Jaycia Jackson

Jaycia Jackson

When a 3-year-old girl was found in the parking lot of a CVS in Baltimore Sunday night, police immediately began searching for her family. Sadly, after locating the home where the toddler lives, Baltimore Police found the deceased body of her mother inside.

When the little girl, now identified as Jaycia Jackson, was found wandering by herself around 10:30 pm Sunday, the Baltimore County Police Department asked the public for assistance in determining her identity. It was around 9 am Monday when police received information that Jaycia had been staying at a home in the 2900 block of Freeway and there was a deceased person inside. When police checked the home, they found a deceased woman which they later determined was the girl’s mother, Brittany Jackson.

According to Baltimorecountymd.gov, Brittany was found in the upstairs bathroom of the home where she and her daughter lived. Blood was found on the girl’s clothing as well as her deceased mother though there were no obvious signs of foul play.

Security guard Frank Myers is the man who spotted Jaycia in the CVS parking lot. “We said,`Excuse me, where’s your mother and father?’ and she said, `Well, my mother is bleedy,’” he told a local CBS affiliate. “She was saying she wanted to go see the fishies and her mother was bleedy.”

Neighbor Jeanne Arevalo is trying to make sense of the incident, pleading for anyone in the community who knows what happened to Jaycia’s mother to come forward. “I think the mother was alive and sent the little girl for help. People need to speak up and start talking,” she said adding, “That child is going to be traumatized for the rest of her life.”

One neighbor who only wanted to be identified as Linda, did come forward saying, “There was noises here last night banging noises the screaming and hollerin,g the normal stuff.” According to neighbors, disturbances were frequently heard in the home where the family reportedly lived with no electricity or water and kept to themselves.

The official cause of Brittany Jackson’s death will be determined after an autopsy at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. The Baltimore County Police Homicide Unit is currently looking into the incident as a death investigation. Meanwhile Jaycia is in the custody of Baltimore County Social Services while police continue to try to get in touch with other family members.


Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter