Single Girl’s Guide to Surviving the Highs and Lows of Life on Your Own
There used to be a time when life was all about loving the one you were with. Well, those days may not be forgotten but they are definitely long gone. Although romance is still a hot and heavy issue, focusing on self has become the new emphasis. More and more, women are choosing to be happily single and loving it.
The dating scene has become a perplex atmosphere of complexity. No longer is the dating ritual simply boy meets girl and they fall in love. Individuals today can be so convincingly misleading, they make you feel you need to conduct background checks to be sure what you see is really what you will be getting. Living single actually provides less drama and/or worry simply because the only concern one has is for self. To many people in search of love, that may seem a bit selfish but for those reaping the benefits of drama-free living, a single lifestyle is Heaven on Earth.
There are many perks of flying solo. We’ve asked a number of single women what they love most about their free lifestyle, and this is what they shared with us.
- You are able to come and go as you please without having to answer to anyone regarding your whereabouts.
- You can freely enjoy your male friends (none of which you are intimate with) without being accused of anything.
- You can hang out with your girlfriends or talk with them as much as you want to over the phone without hearing him gripe about you spending all of your time with them while neglecting him.
- You can spend your money on anything you want without receiving a lecture.
- When you return to your home, everything is just the way you left it.
Though single living is fun and exciting, it also consists of potential dangers. With harmful crazes ranging from stalkers to the “club drugs” used to subdue victims of date rape, single women have to remain a step ahead of the game. No matter how secure you may feel in a situation, you should never take your safety for granted. While nothing is foolproof, planning ahead of time can definitely help to ensure heightened safety. Here are some precautions you can take to increase your chances of having a blast without becoming a victim.
- Never leave your drink unattended. Men love to buy drinks, and that can be an opportunity for danger if you are not standing at the bar when your gentleman caller is purchasing the drink. Don’t accept a drink from a stranger if you did not see the bartender prepare it.
- Double up with a friend to help you avoid compromising situations. Always use the buddy system when out on the town. Clubs are always a hot spot, and it is easy to become swept away by the free atmosphere. Having a girl or guy friend with you helps you maintain your level.
- Be elusive. Don’t be too quick to share personal information with someone you’ve just met or haven’t known for very long.
- Trust your instinct. One of God’s greatest gifts to women is intuition. When we adhere to what the inner voice is telling us, we almost always avoid a bad situation.
A single lifestyle is what it is, and it requires you to be aware of your surrounding at all times. It is not about living a fearful existence but it is about making wise choices. Your preparedness beforehand only serves to ensure you are able to enjoy your time out on the town. So get out and live life boldly, bravely and safely.