After a long winter nothing brings a smile across my face faster then the mention of Spring. A girl can only take so many days of digging her car out of three feet of snow and battling two degree weather to get a Frappuccino. What I wouldn’t give to even remember what 70 degrees feels like. I can’t wait to pack up my coat, boots and scarves and unpack my shorts, tank tops and strappy sandals.
Well even though it’s still snowing out in my neck of the woods, I don’t think its to early to take a quick peek at some of the best offerings from Spring ’08. Judging by this brief sneak peek we have plenty to be excited about come this upcoming season, with products ranging from things to help you get your skin bump-free to goddess worthy head bands. From organic skin care to luxurious body scrubs. This Spring is going to be packed full of products to “WOW” you. And here is just a sneak peek of what’s to come . . .
1. Smashbox ‘Green Room Collection’ Hybrid 2-in-1 Color & Shine Gloss ($19, smashbox.com) This environmentally friendly gloss has cutting edge design and color. The inner tube contains a luminous color and the outer tube contains a super-shiny clear gloss. And the gloss is infused with moringa seed extract. Best of all with the purchase of every Green Room Collection product, a Moringa tree will be planted in a developing country by Trees for the Future. The seed of the moringa, or ‘Miracle Tree,’ is a powerhouse of nutritional value and provides a self-renewing food source for people in need. More trees also mean less soil erosion and cleaner air and water for a greener future. So this Spring you will not only feel good about your look with this gloss but you will feel good about what your purchase is helping to do.
2. Goody’s Spring/Summer 2008 Hair Accessories Collection ($1.99-$8.99, Target stores nationwide) Goody brings you some of their most fashion forward and luxurious pieces out on the market. They introduce two lines that redefine the very meaning of hair accessories. The Decadent Chic consist of rich fabrics, opulent colors and delicate embellishments that will make your hair dazzle. The line has a rich vintage vibe with pieces that bring to mind elegance from long ago. The Exotic Utopia line has lush, vibrant printed accessories that will unleash exotic beauty. With abstract animal prints to tropical flowers this line will make sure that this spring you are walking on the wild side.
3. Thank You Set Philosophy ($25, sephora.com) Thank yourself for making it through the winter. It was a long winter and now as you move on for longer days and warmer nights you should treat yourself to a relaxing calming bubble bath. There isn’t a better way to do that then with this fabulous set from Philosophy. The set includes Amazing Grace and Pure Grace body washes in an adorable gift box. A perfect gift for yourself.
4. Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Trio ($85, olehenriksen.com) One day at Ole Henriksen’s spa might make me forget the entire winter season. Snow days and all. Unfortunately a plane ticket, a hotel and a treatment are not in budget. But the next best thing is. The Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Trio is a set of product’s that combine the benefits of African Red Tea to promote healthy skin. You will see improvement in skin elasticity, glow and muscle tone. The set includes African Red Tea Mist that energizes and is a clarifying anti-oxidant, express the truth wrinkle resistant creme with African Red Tea and Vitamin C and visual truth eye creme that resists and lifts wrinkles. Perfect as you trade in that dry winter skin for healthy glowing spring skin.
5. C.O. Bigelow Lemon Sugar Body Scrub Ultra Moisturizing and
Skin-Brightening Formula ($19.50, bathandbodyworks.com) Get skin ready from head to toe with this ultra-moisturizing and skin-brightening scrub. Pure white and brown sugar, lotus flower and fruit seeds polish
and rehydrate skin. Lemon extracts leave skin renewed and glowing. You will look and feel beautiful. And no one will believe you just got through four months of snow.
6. Juice Beauty Organics to Go ($29, juicebeauty.com) This spring is all about green beauty. And finding products that are organic and luxurious has never been easier. Juice Beauty, a leader in organic beauty, created an organic five piece kit that is all you need for a healthy, radiant glow this Spring. The kit includes a creamy milk cleanser, refreshing hydrating mist, exfoliating green apple peel, vitamin rich-antioxidant serum and lightweight oil-free moisturizer and an organic bamboo face cloth. A great on-the-go kit of fabulous products.
7. Flawless Bump Fighter by Whish Body ($22.50, whishbody.com) As spring rolls around it will be time to peel off those heavy layers and showcase your sexy legs. To get and maintain smooth bump free legs use Flawless Bump Fighter to to prevent bumps and ingrown hairs and to inhibit future hair growth in shaved areas. With a fast-drying, non-irritating and natural ingredients to leave skin soft and touchable for long periods of time. Use Whish Body Shave Crave to shave the legs and follow up with this amazing bump fighter creating the smoothest legs possible.
8. SOHO Clam Beauty This adorable SOHO Rustic Plaid Clam Shell conjures up images of long lazy spring picnics ($9.99, Chain and Drugstores nationwide). With its colorful plaid fabric and intricate detailing, this clam shell will have you packing your spring essentials in style. The inside is lined with two zippered pockets for convenient and safe storage for all your beauty items. And it is just the right size to store enough but not to much for those last minute trips this season. The perfect way to get ready for spring.