There is no running from the fact that this economy stinks right now. Job losses keep rising and confidence in the economy remains near historic lows. Homes are being foreclosed everywhere you look and most people are holding on tight to their purse strings. Most of us are looking for ways to cut back, scrimp and save the little bit of money we do have. But even in this terrible economic condition there are some products that are worth splurging on. Even if that means you cut out a lot in other areas so that you can splurge on a fantastic lip gloss or expensive fragrance. Some items are so luxurious, transforming or superior that they justify their expensive price tag.
How do you know when an item is worth the week’s worth of brown paper bag lunches? If a product delivers everything it claims to and more then it might be worth having to eat a tuna sandwich all week. If a product is transformational or improves your well being then it may be worth cutting out your Netflix rentals for a while. If you still don’t know what might worth cracking your pocketbook open for then check out this list of truly splurge worthy items.
Five Splurge Worthy Items:
1. Perfume: Most people realize just how important of a role scent plays in their psychological and physical well being. So it’s no wonder why people spend lots of time and money to their signature scent. Scents can boost our moods or remind us of a certain time or place in our lives. This is one part of your beauty regimen you may want to splurge on. And to be completely honest there aren’t that many good inexpensive fragrances there are some but most cheap fragrances smell cheap. Expensive ones tend to wear long with more aromatic, higher quality compounds.
Splurge Worthy Perfume: David Yurman Eau De Parfum ($120, nemianmarcus.com)- Is an elegant fusion of luxurious materials, iconic design and sensual beauty. It creates a perfect mix of bold exotic woods, patchouli, rose and water lily. The scents harmoniously work together to create a fragrance that is as stunning inside the bottle as it is out. The fragrance is held in a stunning, faceted golden jewel accented by David Yurman’s signature cable motif. A splurge that is super luxurious.
2. Getting Someone a Gift: I know it might be a tough call to decide if you are giving up your Friday Sushi lunch in order to get a someone a wonderful gift. For me if its someone I really care about then yes it’s worth giving up Friday’s lunch in order to get them something really special. The best gifts aren’t always the most expensive — so take your time research not only prices but what she or he would really enjoy.
Splurge Worthy: Spa Moments Native Garden Gift Set ($60, mySpaShop.com) – This gift set is a perfect way to help someone instantly relax and let go. This set is like having a bit of the spa right in your home, on the road or even in the office. the soothing Native Garden Gift Set contains a Chocolate Herbal Neck Wrap, Reflection Body Oil Blend, and a Mystic Safari Music CD. And it is boxed and ready to be wrapped. A perfect gift that is worth every penny.
3. Body Wash: While a .99 cents bar of soap will get clean in the shower, a top quality body wash will really make a difference. Bar soap and cheap body washes can strip moisture from skin and leave it dry and vulnerable. A higher quality body wash will clean the skin without over drying it and leave the skin feeling moisturized and softer. So even if you have to spend a few more dollars on a quality wash it will be money well spent.
Splurge Worthy: Philosophy ‘Unconditional Love’ Perfumed Shampoo, Bath and Shower Gel ($22, philosophy.com) – Money can’t buy love but money can buy Unconditional Love. Well at least ‘unconditional love’ by Philosophy. This amazing product is infused with the passionate scent of unconditional love. ‘unconditional love’ perfumed shampoo, bath and shower gel works to gently cleanse, condition and soften skin and hair for a truly enduring experience. Skin will be clean, soft and beautifully fragranced.
4. Your Favorite Hair Product: Some products no matter how much they cost you love. Maybe it’s a gel or a shampoo or a leave in conditioner that has stolen your heart but there is one product that you would travel to the ends of the earth for. That you would trade government secrets for. That you would spend your last dime on. And if one product means that much to you, it’s worth the splurge even in tough economic times.
Splurge Worthy: I have a few too many hair splurge products but one of favorite summer ones is White Sands Liquid Texture Firm Hold ($19, whitesandsproducts.com). This “ultimate design tool” allows you to create and recreate any hair design imaginable. Liquid Texture has raised the bar for hair spray because it can be combed through and has incredible memory to provide long-lasting designs without regard to humidity. So you can use it all summer long without worrying about your style wilting. Plus it’s thermal intelligent, so the more heat used, the shinier the hair becomes. Liquid Texture leaves hair soft and silky without flaking or leaving residue on hot tools.
5. Organic Products: I have to admit I have a weak spot for organic products. I love the idea that my beauty products are made from the best stuff on the planet. After all these are products I put on my face, hair and body every day. So if I am looking for a product and I can find an organic version I will splurge and spend a few extra dollars to get the one that is organic.
Splurge Worthy: I go through a ton of conditioner each week so I am glad that this organic conditioner really doesn’t cost that much. Well it doesn’t cost that much when you buy one at a time. I usually stock up on Desert Essence Organics Fragrance Free Conditioners ($8.99, desertessenceorganics.com). This unscented conditioner is a gentle yet effective. The ingredients work synergistically to create gloss and shine. Organic Extracts and oils provide moisture, minerals, and vitamins that hair needs to grow healthy.
And check out Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist ($22, juicebeauty.com). It is a vitamin enriched hydrating toner that refresh, hydrates and balances the skin. Your skin will drink up this tasty cocktail. Use daily after cleansing and whenever a burst of energizing refreshment is desired. Pure, certified organic essential oils of Bulgarian rose super hydrate, while ylang ylang promote.