Clutchettes – this is our first post of seven where we have partnered with Toyota to make your night out with your girls fun, safe, fashionable and fly. In this post we will go over some safety tips we all should be aware of before making our way out on the town.
Girl’s Night Out Safety Tips:
- Danger areas are stepping out of your car either at home or in isolated areas, and also walking to your car.
- Always approach your vehicle with the keys ready.
- Check your surroundings before getting out of your car.
- Carry in your car: flashlight, flares, fix-a-flat, maps, comfortable warm clothing, first aid kit, empty gas can, white cloth to tie to antenna to signal distress, cellular phone.
- If you are with friends, decide on a designated driver before you enter the club.
- Be very careful using outside ATMs at night or in unfamiliar surroundings.
- When you enter a building look for all available exits. Are the exits clearly marked and well lit? Some exits may be in front and some in back of you. Always be prepared to use the exit closest to you. (You may not be able to use the main exit.)
- Do not drink from open beverage sources like punch bowls, pitchers or tubs.
- Do not accept open drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) from others who you do not know or do not trust; this includes drinks that come in a glass.
- Never leave your drink unattended or turn your back on your table.
- Trust your instincts: If you sense something is wrong, get away from the situation.
- Always Have Your Mobile Phone When going out make sure you have your mobile phone with you – and it is charged and has credit. If you lose your friends or get into a situation you will be glad you remembered to take it.
- Look After Your Friends: When you are out, look after your friends. If someone you know looks like they could have been drugged or are in an unsafe or compromising position; step in and make sure they are ok.