From cyber worlds to sandcastles, Janelle Monae and Solange soar high above the norm. Both have frank demeanors and wardrobes worthy of their own Broadway production.
They weren’t always the quirky ingénues we see today but Janelle and Solange have stolen our hearts with their unabashed style of dress. Here’s what we can all learn from them.
1. Style inspiration can come from the unlikeliest of places.
2. Oxfords are just as cool – if not cooler than they were in grade school.
3. Opting for a natural hairstyle over the industry lacefront isn’t a bad thing.
4. When in doubt, wear black and white.
5. Focusing on tailored pieces instead of a trendy item will take your wardrobe far.
6. Be daring.
7. Above all, be true to self.