Hair is at the root of a billion-dollar industry and a constant source of attention in most womens’ lives. We spend loads of time, money and energy into making sure our tresses are tamed. When they’re not, there is a sense of frustration that inhabits many of us whether it be conscious or unconscious.

Dove recently conducted a survey called “Make Friends With Your Hair” that concluded only 7% of women love their hair. I personally am not surprised by their findings. We stress over our hair daily trying to make it longer, fuller, thicker, manageable and beautiful.

The survey found specifically that 14% of African-American women love their hair which leaves a huge 86% of us that are not satisfied. The survey also found out some pretty interesting facts that are hilariously true when it comes to hair, take a look below:

-1 in 5 women have passed on a social event as a result of unpredictable hair
-Hair Care is a higher priority in a woman’s morning routine than eating breakfast (45% versus 41%), applying makeup (39%) and extra sleep (35%)!

Personally, I always love my hair…when I loves me back (i.e. when it is freshly styled as opposed to during the two weeks between hairdresser visits). I think a lot of women can vouch for that one!

Do you love your hair? Why or why not? How much time do you spend on your hair? Is it a priority?

-Krystal Holmes

Tags: ,
Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter
  • Pingback: Do You Love Your Hair? Survey Shows Only 7% of Women Do()

  • Pingback: Do You Love Your Hair? Survey Shows Only 7% of Women Do()

  • Mahogany

    I love my hair and people seem to love it to. Going natural was the best thing I did for myself and my hair. Takes less time for me to get ready in the morning especially when I wear protective styles and I don’t have to worry about getting my hair wet.

  • SassyFrassy

    I love my natural, curly hair–she’s like my sister. Yes, we fight. Sometimes, I don’t even like this ho. And there are times when we need space from each other (i.e., like the 5 times a year or so when I straighten it). But we always kiss and make up. She accepts me for all my quirks (I love to sweat, I hate umbrellas, I love humidity). And I have to accept her spunky personality too.

    I wouldn’t trade her for the world.

  • Bridget

    It’s a love-hate relationship at best. I hate to style my hair myself b/c it is so thick-I mean so thick that it breaks combs-but I love it b/c whether permed or natural it is beautiful.