February is often associated with love, romance, and history, being home to Valentine’s Day, Presidents Day, and Black History Month. But it’s also known in the legal world for a different reason: it’s the most popular month for divorce.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, AttorneyFee released an infographic breaking down the ins and outs of the end of marriage.
Some interesting facts from the infographic:
- 50% of all marriages end in divorce
- 80% of divorces are based on a one-sided decision
- 1 in 5 divorce cases now cite Facebook for evidence
- The least popular month for divorce? October
- People in the South have higher divorce rates than those in the North East
- The average cost of divorce: $18,000
Check out the infographic for more details.
Why do you think Febuary is the most popular month for divoce?