Most people have marveled over the blended family that is Kimora Lee Simmons, husband Djimon Hounsou, ex-husband Russell Simmons and their collective children, Ming Lee, Aoki Lee and Kenzo.
So it makes perfect sense that Russell was the first to come to his ex-wife’s defense when rumors that her marriage to Djimon was falling apart spread like wild fire across the internet. Though Kimora felt like it was beneath her to respond, her ex-hubby and best friend had no such reservations. In a post titled “Setting The Record Straight” on Global Grind, Russell proceeds to do just that:
1. Kimora and Djimon are fine.
2. Kimora and Djimon are both doing extremely well in their respective endeavors and businesses and don’t need to fight over or waste energy on money issues.
3. I damn sure don’t pay nor have I ever paid alimony (Kimora does just fine). In no way do I support their lifestyle, so please don’t say they are fighting over MY money.
4. Yes she’s selling a house, but she hasn’t lived in it for several years since she built the house they currently reside in.
5. As for friction between us? There is none. I feel like I’m part of their family. Djimon and Kenzo are like my blood and Kimora is my best friend. We are partners in various businesses and in the really important business of raising our beautiful children.
There you have it folks. Nothing to see here but a happy family that has fallen victim to the rumor mill. A spokesperson for Kimora also shot down the false report, saying that, “Kimora has a beautiful family life.”
It certainly looks like it from the outside looking in and I hope it’s true. They have been a model family that has shown the world that not only can a former couple keep it classy for the children, but that the ex and the next can actually be friends. It’s true that things often fall apart, but somethings…well, you just root for them to stay intact.