Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 10.59.10 AM

The family of Sandra Bland is ordering an independent autopsy, their lawyer says.

Attorney Cannon Lambert says Sandra Bland’s family expects autopsy results within 48 to 72 hours, ABC News reported Sunday.

According to Texas authorities, Bland allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself with a plastic bag, three days after being pulled over for a minor traffic violation. Bland was arrested for allegedly kicking the officer during the stop. Bland’s friends and family don’t believe that’s what actually happened.

From NBC New:

Family members and friends insist Bland was looking forward to a new job at her former school and that she gave no indication she was in such an emotional state that she would kill herself. Lambert, the attorney hired by Bland’s family, says some relatives believe she was killed and the family wants more information from an investigation.

However, Bland had posted a video to her Facebook page in March, saying she was suffering from “a little bit of depression as well as PTSD,” or post-traumatic stress disorder. Friend and mentor LaVaughn Mosley of Prairie View believes Bland was just venting after a bad day.

Hundreds of worshippers, many wearing white ribbons with a photo of Bland, held a silent prayer walk Sunday at the church she attended in Lisle, Illinois.

Waller County District Attorney Elton Mathis says no cameras were in the jail cell where Bland was found dead. But he says videos from cameras monitoring the hall outside her cell show no one entered or left it between the time she last spoke with deputies through an intercom system and when her body was discovered.

The Texas Department of Public Safety says the trooper who pulled Bland over violated traffic stop procedures and the department’s courtesy policy. The trooper is on administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation. A spokesman with the agency says how the trooper violated procedures is still being determined.

Currently the FBI is now investigating Bland’s death and the county district attorney says a grand jury doesn’t meet again until August.

Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter